7 Reasons to Visit Sri Lanka Now!

Published by tavernatravels on

If Sri Lanka isn’t already on the top of your bucket list, maybe these photos will inspire you to visit!

1. Breathtaking Hikes (Sri Lanka)

Hiking in Ella - Sri Lanka Itinerary

The Best Sri Lanka Itinerary: Sunrise at Adam's Peak Hiking Adam's Peak Sri Lanka Sri Lanka Hikes

Check out the full guide to hiking Adam’s Peak here!

2. Scenic Trains and Railroad Tracks (Sri Lanka)

Visiting Nine Arches Bridge Visting Haputale - Sri Lanka Itinerary Sri Lanka Itinerary - Train to Ella

3. The Friendliest Locals (Sri Lanka)

Visiting Lipton's Seat in Sri Lanka

sri-lanka-guide

sri-lanka-guide

sri-lanka-guide

sri-lanka-guide

sri-lanka-guide

sri-lanka-guide

sri-lanka-monkey

4. Endless Tea Cups, Tea Plantations, and Tea Pickers (Sri Lanka)

5. Delicious Food (Sri Lanka)

Best Restaurants in Colombo, Sri Lanka Itinerary Sri Lanka Itinerary - Where to Stay The Lounge in Tangalle, Sri Lanka The most amazing Sri Lankan Dessert - Coconut Roti

6. Beautiful Beaches (Sri Lanka)

Sri Lanka Itinerary - Palm Tree Dome

7. All the Views..

Where to Stay in Kandy, Sri Lanka

Feeling inspired to travel to Sri Lanka? Why not pin it for later?

19 Comments

pinelopi · November 4, 2017 at 10:57 am

OH, MY GOD!!!!!!!!!!!! ONE OF THE BEST PHOTO ALBUMS I HAVE EVER SEEN!!!!! CONGRATULATIONS, CONGRATULATIONS CONGRATULATIONS!!!

I am so glad that I found your blog!! 🙂

I have been to Sri Lanka and those photos reminded my moments there!! That train from Ella to Kandy was one of the best experiences in my life!! <3

Nicola | suitcase and wanderlust · November 4, 2017 at 11:18 am

A beautiful selection of photos. They totally inspire to book a flight in this very second. Maybe I should do that 😉

Elaine Thatcher · November 4, 2017 at 11:28 am

Gorgeous, gorgeous photographs. I’ve been to Sri Lanka a few times and your photos bring back many memories, even if I didn’t capture them on film as beautifully as you did!

Steffi · November 4, 2017 at 2:37 pm

Totally agree! I fell in love with Sri Lanka when I went two years ago and hoping to go back again next year when my sister is volunteering there! Your photos (almost!) do the place justice 😉

NieNie · November 4, 2017 at 2:46 pm

Sri Lanka is high on my list and your post just proves how much I wanted to go there! I love Sri Lankan food! These pictures are absolutely stunning!

Kristine Li · November 4, 2017 at 3:44 pm

Reason #1 got me already, definitely adding it to Must-Try-To-Go-Asap list after your post! Great photos and list here!

Grace Silla · November 4, 2017 at 9:34 pm

Wow! So many great photos. My aunt loved Sri Lanka so I’d love to visit someday!

Linda Dillenbeck · November 5, 2017 at 4:33 pm

Beautiful!

Maggie · November 8, 2017 at 2:59 pm

Awesome post! I keep telling my husband that the next place we have to go to is Sri Lanka. It’s so gorgeous but not yet as popular as many others in the area. I love your photos, it really makes me want to go there now!

Chandrima · November 8, 2017 at 3:39 pm

Really nice photos! Loved them 😊

Tatum · November 8, 2017 at 3:45 pm

I think I am drawn to any place that has amazing food!! Sri Lanka I have been hearing about more and more but never realized what amazing beaches they had! A scenic train ride is the perfect way to get your bearings on a country and see it’s beauty! Your pictures are awesome.

Anu · November 8, 2017 at 3:50 pm

May I add heritage cities like Anuradhapura and Polonnaruwa to this list. I loved both of them, and yes, Dambulla Caves too.

Katherine · November 8, 2017 at 4:52 pm

Your pictures are just beautiful! And to be honest, you’d hooked me with the hikes as soon as I started reading! But the trains look cool as well and any place with friendly locals is a place I’d want to visit 🙂

Leigh · November 8, 2017 at 6:51 pm

I have heard so many great things about Sri Lanka, it looks like such a beautiful country. The hikes and views look great, but I’m not sure I can handle the humidity!

Jenn · November 9, 2017 at 1:51 am

You have a beautiful eye for photography. Sri Lanka looks amazing

Jemma · November 9, 2017 at 1:46 pm

The green landscapes and clean white sand beaches look amazing. I really love places that make you feel close to nature.

Anna Schaeffer · November 9, 2017 at 3:18 pm

You are a STUNNING photographer. Your pictures all look professional and gorgeous. I wish I was half as good as you so I could have these beautiful memories of my trips <3

Ania · November 9, 2017 at 6:26 pm

Your photos are beyond gorgeous! I definitely want to visit Sri Lanka now! I just ate, and the food photos still made my mouth water. As an avid tea drinker, I would also love to visit a tea planation.

Crystal · December 19, 2017 at 8:54 pm

How incredible! I’ve always wanted to travel to Sri Lanka, and your pictures just gave me some major wanderlust!